Students at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, have recently released both iPhone and Android smartphone applications delivering city and university passengers with real-time service information direct to their smartphones. These new applications compliment a suite of existing smartphone applications supporting Connexione real-time services globally.
As an example, WahooBus, a free Android App developed by a UVA student, was made specifically for the passengers using the bus system at UVA and within the Charlottesville area. Whenever students want to catch a bus, they can easily and quickly retrieve bus arrival information for any stop in the system.This latest application joins a growing range of applications developed in support of Connexionz real-time systems globally.
- Enter a bus stop number to retrieve arrival information for all routes using that stop
- Bookmark specific stops for easier information retrieval
- Find the nearest bus stop based on the GPS coordinates of the phone’s location
- Obtain walking directions to all stops
- Use a map view to see all bus stops in the system
- Obtain real time arrival information and service announcement
Connexionz is able to supply smartphone applications for all major smartphone operating systems.